FREE WEBINAR | JUNE 24 | 12 PM EST
Using Social Media to Increase Purchase Business While Staying Compliant
JOIN US JUNE 24 AT 12 PM EST
We're thrilled to have industry giants Mitch Kider and Barry Habib together to discuss the unique medium of social media and its growing role in the mortgage industry.
During this webinar, we'll discuss:
- How social media can reduce marketing costs
- Social media – where the next generation of homebuyer lives
- Modern-day redlining & fair lending concerns
- How the best producers are using social media
- The most common compliance pitfalls
- Up and coming platforms for the industry
- Recent cases that tie into social media (Townstone)
- Content creation best practices
- CFPB on consumer reviews/gag
Chairman & Managing Partner of Weiner Brodsky Kider PC
Mitchel H. Kider is the Chairman and Managing Partner of Weiner Brodsky Kider PC, a national law firm specializing in the representation of financial institutions, residential homebuilders, and real estate settlement service providers.
Mitch represents banks, mortgage companies, homebuilders, credit card issuers, and other financial service companies in a broad range of litigation and regulatory and compliance matters. He defends clients in investigations and enforcement actions before the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Department of Housing and Urban Development, Department of Justice, Department of Veterans Affairs, Federal Trade Commission, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Ginnie Mae, and various state and local regulatory authorities and Attorneys General offices.
Mitch speaks frequently on regulatory and litigation matters before trade associations and other industry groups. He is a Fellow of the American College of Consumer Financial Services Lawyers, and a Faculty Fellow of the Mortgage Bankers Association. Mitch is the author of six books pertaining to residential mortgage finance and also has written numerous law review and real estate journal articles on the subject. His most recent books are Consumer Protection and Mortgage Regulation Under Dodd-Frank (West/Thomson Reuters 2018) and Real Estate and Mortgage Banking: A New Era of Regulatory Reform (West/Thomson Reuters 2017-2018).
Founder & CEO at MBS Highway
Barry Habib is an American entrepreneur and frequent media resource for his mortgage and housing expertise.
- Amazon #1 bestselling author for his book “Money in the Streets”
- Frequent appearances on CNBC and FOX
- CEO of MBS Highway – the industry’s most highly regarded and recognized tool for transforming salespeople into advisors
As an innovator, Barry has founded many successful businesses across different verticals:
- Mortgage Market Guide
- Healthcare Imaging Solutions
- Certified Mortgage Associates
- Founding partner in Social Survey
VP/Head of Compliance at ActiveComply
VP / Head of Compliance at ActiveComply, a cloud-based software that allows lenders to monitor employee social media for compliance and brand protection. Melissa actively works with lender partners to develop and execute social media policies and procedures to fit their needs. Melissa has acted as a compliance panelist for The Mortgage Collaborative, HousingWire, MGIC, The California Mortgage Bankers Association, and other financial industry groups & publications. Melissa has acted as a compliance data analyst for a top 20 independent mortgage company, where she worked directly with regulators & state examiners, compiled and analyzed fair lending & call report data, and performed extensive legal research.